CGMA-HQ will provide information to Representatives on a regular basis via Rep's News.
This will include reoccurring information such as notification that monthly BOC Minutes and Financial Reports are available to view and distribute within their AOR.
It will also include "Hot Items" such as changes to the CGMA Manual and other items requiring immediate action.
Contact CGMA-HQ with any questions you may have concerning these items.
- has been updated to include Board of Control Minutes forJanuary 2014 (The BOC did not meet in December)(02/14/14)
- is now available (12/13/13)
- has been updated to include Board of Control Minutes forOctober 2013 (11/07/13)
- A newbank signature card is available for immediate use. Please destroy any unused bank signature cards you may have locally. (10/29/13)
- The "Working Hours" contact number for Air Force Aid Society (AFAS) has changed. The new working hours contact number is (703) 792-2604 (the after-hours number remains the same). Please make the following pen-and-ink change to the table on page 4-27 of your CGMA Manual: change Air Force Aid Society Working Hours phone number from (703) 607-3060 to (703) 972-2604. This change will be included in a future change to the manual (10/24/13)
- has been updated to include Board of Control Minutes forSeptember 2013 (10/08/13)
- has been updated to include Board of Control Minutes forAugust 2013 (09/12/13)
- Special Missions Training Center (SMTC) Camp Lejeune NC has been added and Deployable Operations Group (DOG) Arlington has been removed from the list of Representatives in Appendix D. These changes will be included in the next change to the CGMA Manual (09/12/13)
- The has been updated with the current members (08/15/13)
- has been updated to include Board of Control Minutes forJuly 2013 (the BOC did not meet during June) (08/08/13)
- has been updated to include Board of Control Minutes forMay 2013 (the Annual Meeting was held in lieu of the April BOC meeting and the BOC did not meet during June) (06/13/13)
- Change 9 to the CGMA manual is now available (05/01/13)
APRIL 2013 Relocating and Rental Assistance
- has been updated to include Funeral Expenses (04/25/13)
- has been updated to include the Minutes from the2013 Annual Meeting along with the President's Comments, the Executive Director's Comments and the Committee reports presented during the meeting (04/24/13)
- has been updated to include Board of Control Minutes for March 2013 and includes a copy of CGMA's revised Strategic Plan (04/16/13)
- About CGMA has been updated to include CGMA's revised Strategic Plan (04/16/13)
- has been updated to include Pulling Reports from CMP (04/12/13)
- has been updated to include the 2012 Audited Financial Statement (04/02/13)
- has been updated to include Financial Counseling and Unit Training (03/30/13)
- has been updated to include Education Loans and Programs (03/14/13)
- has been updated to include Board of Control Minutes for February 2013 (03/10/13)
- has been updated to include Assisting Other Service Members (02/27/13)
- has been updated to include data through 2012(02/21/13)
- has been updated to include information concerning Proper Paperwork for CGMA requests (02/20/13)
- has been updated to include:
- has been updated to include Board of Control Minutes for January 2013 (the Board did not meet in December)(02/07/13)
- has been updated to include information concerning Disapproving a CGMA Request (02/07/13)
- The Board approved a change to the CGMA Manual: Appendix F - Disaster Response
CGMA wishes to convert disaster loans into grants to the maximum extent possible. To help achieve this goal the Board approved the following statement to be added to the bottom of page F-4 of the CGMA Manual:
"Consideration may be given for other miscellaneous expenses, not to exceed $1,000."
This change takes into consideration the small differences in identified items up to the total amount of the loan, thus allowing the conversion of the entire amount of Disaster Assistance given as a loan to be converted into a grant, when warranted.
Please make a pen-and-ink change to the CGMA Manual adding this statement to the bottom of page F-4. This change will be included in the next change to the CGMA Manual (01/23/13)
- Correction to the CGMA Manual
Please make a pen-and-ink change to page 3-1 of the CGMA Manual, in the second paragraph from the bottom, change: "See paragraph 3-C-9" to "See paragraph 3-C-10 for additional information concerning items where assistance will not be provided." This correction will be included in the next change to the CGMA Manual (01/15/13)
- Change 8 to the CGMA manual is now available (01/09/13)
New Phone Numbers for CGMA-HQ Effective Immediately, please use the following numbers to reach the respective CGMA Headquarters staff member:
|Client Services Specialist
|Director of Finance
|Director of Administration
|Main Office Number
- has been updated to include information concerning the new CGMA Adoption Grant (12/13/12)
- has been updated to include Board of Control Minutes for November 2012 and includes the 2013 CGMA Budget (12/11/12)
- has been updated to include information concerning Year-End Processing of Supplemental Education Grants (SEG) (12/04/12)
Need More Information?
Review our General Information Brochure
Contact your local Coast Guard Mutual Assistance Representative
Call CGMA-HQ (800) 881-2462 or (703) 872-6716
Send us an email: ARL-DG-CGMA@uscg.mil