CGMA-HQ will provide information to Representatives on a regular basis via Rep's News.
This will include reoccurring information such as notification that monthly BOC Minutes and Financial Reports are available to view and distribute within their AOR.
It will also include "Hot Items" such as changes to the CGMA Manual and other items requiring immediate action.
Contact CGMA-HQ with any questions you may have concerning these items.
Effective immediately, the Board of Control has approved the following changes to the Education Loan program:
- The maximum loan amount is increased from $2,000 to $3,000
- The restriction is removed that a client must repay an existing Education Loan before becoming eligible for an additional Education Loan.
For example - if a client received a $2,000 Education Loan and has repaid $600 and has a current outstanding balance of $1,400, that client would be eligible for an additional $1,600 Education Loan, provided he/she is otherwise qualified.
You may wish to use the revised Education Loan Flyer to assist making our clients aware of these changes along with POD, Weekly/Monthly Notices, etc.
The CGMA Application for Education LoanCGMA Form 11 has been revised to incorporate these changes
These changes will be included in the next change to the CGMA Manual. (10/21/14)
- has been updated to include the Board of Control Minutes forSeptember 2014 (10/08/14)
- Please make a pen-and-ink change to CGMA Manual paragraph 4-D-5 (on page 4-27) change the Working Hours phone number for the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society from (703) 696-4904 to (703)696-1482. This change will be included in the next published change to the manual (09/12/14)
- has been updated to include the Board of Control Minutes forAugust 2014 (09/12/14)
- has been updated to include the Board of Control Minutes forJuly 2014 (08/21/14)
- The2014 Campaign Summary Report is now available. The 2014 Unit Report is under construction and should be available in a few days (07/24/14)
- has been updated to include the Board of Control Minutes forJune 2014 (07/10/14)
- Change 10 to the CGMA manual implementing the CGMA Permanent Change of Station Incidentals Loan program is now available (06/16/14)
- has been updated to include the Board of Control Minutes forMay 2014 (06/12/14)
- has been updated to include the Summary Report from the 2014 Annual Meeting (05/05/14)
- has been updated to include Board of Control Minutes forMarch 2014 - includes CGMA's Strategic Plan revised March 2014 (04/16/14)
- has been updated to include Board of Control Minutes forFebruary 2014 (The BOC did not meet in December)(03/18/14)
- has been updated to include Board of Control Minutes forJanuary 2014 (The BOC did not meet in December)(02/14/14)
- is now available (12/13/13)
- has been updated to include Board of Control Minutes forOctober 2013 (11/07/13)
- A newbank signature card is available for immediate use. Please destroy any unused bank signature cards you may have locally. (10/29/13)
- The "Working Hours" contact number for Air Force Aid Society (AFAS) has changed. The new working hours contact number is (703) 792-2604 (the after-hours number remains the same). Please make the following pen-and-ink change to the table on page 4-27 of your CGMA Manual: change Air Force Aid Society Working Hours phone number from (703) 607-3060 to (703) 972-2604. This change will be included in a future change to the manual (10/24/13)
- has been updated to include Board of Control Minutes forSeptember 2013 (10/08/13)
Need More Information?
Review our General Information Brochure
Contact your local Coast Guard Mutual Assistance Representative
Call CGMA-HQ (800) 881-2462 or (703) 872-6716
Send us an email: ARL-DG-CGMA@uscg.mil